So today I've basicly created a few objects. The chair/couch in the back consists of two equal parts and cylinders. The chair/couch part is a modified box which i've changed the form just by moving the polygons in an arch-like shape.
In the right corner of the primary room I've made a little table for the vase to be on. I created the table using a box, inset and extrude to make the feet. THe vase was very simple to make. I used line then lathe I made the floor tiles and picture frame using the loft function. For the picture I used plane, UVW Map and Bitmapfit. So without further ado, I hereby present my picture(s):
So I've changed some of the materials and added some planes and the table. Changed the texture on the main room surface aswell as the couch. The couch needs a wooden material on the legs as everything is extruded from a primitive box. Anyways. Here's the picture of what I've done.
So I've started to make the floor and walls for my project. I've not encountered any specific problems with building the walls or floor. When making the holes for the windows I selected the polygons on each side of the wall, deleted and bridged the gap in between.
Added windows using a box with swiftloop for the frames.
I selected the four polygons on each side of the box and added mr Arch & Design with the transparent window material
( I later changed this due to the size of the windows not matching the picture I used as a reference, as you can see in the next picture)
Here I've made a couch, I modeled from a standard box, converted to editable poly and used swiftloop and extrude.
The pillows are also boxes that I've modeled. I added turbosmooth to both pillows and couch. As you can see in the reference picture, the windows are the wrong proportions in terms of the couch and room size.
I've now changed the windows so that they are more correct in terms of size. I had to make more segments with cut to allow deletion of the polygons around, so the window size could be bigger.
The location where the windows are, is twice the original height, as in the picture. When I created the other room I used the same technique as with the window space: Select polygons, delete and bridge.
This is as far as I've come today. Made curtains using line and the extrude modifier. Made a curtain railing with the help of the loft function. finally I added some temporary materials to get a look and feel of the environment. I'm very excited as to how this project wil turn out!
We've been given our first project assignment this year! We can choose to make either the interior or exterior of a building.
I've chosen to make an interior with this picture as a reference
Theres not too many details in this picture when it comes to objects, so I've decided to focus on the geometrical aspects of the building.
The first week we learned the basics of the user interface, viewports and primitives in 3ds Max, aswell as different ways to change primitives with the use of modifiers. I've been working with 3ds Max for about 3 weeks now. (give or take the days I was home sick with ze flu.. ) Here's some pictures from the beginning till now:)